Friday, August 7, 2009

Liham ni Ninoy kay Noynoy

I do hope and pray that I will have the same wisdom to bestow upon my future children and guide them very well.




"Son, my decision is in act of conscience. It is an act of protest against the structures of injustice that have been imposed upon our hapless countrymen. Futile and puny, as it will surely appear to many, it is my last act of defiance against tyranny and dictatorship"

"The only valuable asset I can bequeath to you now is the name you carry. I have tried my best during my years of public service to keep that name untarnished and respected, unmarked by sorry compromises of expediency. I now pass it on to you, as good, I pray, as when my father, your grandfather passed it on to me."

"Forgive me for passing into your shoulders the great responsibility for our family. I trust you will love your mother and your sisters and lavish them with care and protection I would have given them."

"Finally, stand by your mother as she stood beside me through the buffeting winds of crisis and uncertainties firm and resolute and uncowed. I pray to God, you inherit her indomitable spirit and her rare brand of silent courage."

"The only advise I can give you: Live with honor and follow your conscience."

"There is no greater nation on earth than our Motherland. No greater people than our own. Serve them with all your heart, with all your might and with all your strength."

"Son, the ball is now in your hands"

THAT'S SOME GOOD SHIT.

taken from http://www.noynoy.ph
download the pdf file here.. it is easier to read..

2 comments: